Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Goose

My mom and I were on our way to Ikea, driving somewhere on the mass turnpike, when I spotted a dark object in front of us. I leaned forward, squinting. "What the hell is that?" I exclaimed.

My mom peers forward as well. "A bird?"

It is indeed a bird, and a very large one at that. It switches the right lane, and as we pass it, I find myself looking at a very confused and startled goose. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but I was too flabbergasted to find my phone and snap a picture. As we pass it, I look behind us and see it land unsteadily in the breakdown lane, and stumble into the bushes like it's drunk.

Another car passes us on the right, one who must have seen this amazing alcoholic goose land on a fricken HIGHWAY, yet the people stare straight ahead with nothing but blank expressions.

What is wrong with people? How is that not funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment